Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival 2011

Yes, I went there.
The Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival 2011 which was on March 4, 5, 6 in JIExpo Kemayoran, Jakarta.
Me and the cute Fanny
One of the largest jazz festival in the world.
Yes, we have it. Indonesia has it.
Actually, I went there on Saturday, March 5.
I took a cab from Eramas 2000 at 12 PM to Mal Artha Gading to attend my friend's birthday lunch at Everfresh, a seafood restaurant. (The dresscode was "Childish" so I wore my yellow long-tees, pants and my yellow Crocs shoes). After that, me and 3 of my friends (Lala, Dea -the birthday girl- and Yoshi) decided to play bowling. We played 2 games and Dea won the whole games.

At about 4 PM, I took a cab to JIExpo Kemayoran. Lucky me, there wasn't any traffic jam yet. Ah anyway I took a cab because my driver couldn't come that day. I arrived at about 4.30 and I just went straight to Hall B because my friend, Iput, had already waited for me there. Why? Because we were about to watch Sondre Lerche perform in B1 Nokia Hall! :D
Sondre Lerche with his guitar
Iput and her friends took the place near the stage so I thanked her very much! Sondre Lerche performed at 5.30. He came out wearing a grey t-shirt, jeans, and there were 2 guitars that were placed on the stage, the classical one and the electric one.
He greeted the crowd with a "Hello, Jakarta!" and started singing Two Way Monologue. He was sooo friendly and adorable! And his singing and guitar skill was just AWESOME! Some of the songs that he sang were Say It All, Hell No, Modern Nature, Heartbeat Radio, Like Lazenby, (I Wanna) Call It Love, and I Cannot Let You Go. Beautiful voice, beautiful guitar playing, beautiful personality, so that was a really beautiful performance!
Iput was so lucky to be able to take a picture with him when the performance was over. Her father's friend got an ID Card to the backstage or something, and they let them in! Wow... Unfortunately, I didn't bring any paper so I couldn't ask for his signature.
Then I planned to watch Elfa Secioria and His Legacy Lives On in D2 AXIS Hall. So we (Iput, her parents and me) went there but... the line was sooo long and I looked at it and I was just "Oh my God, I don't think I want to be in THAT crowd." so we went to Starbucks caravan near the hall because I promised my sister that I'd buy the limited-edition Starbucks tumbler for her (such a cute tumbler with the words "Jazz on the move" on it). Anyway, we got a discount there. :)
We decided to watch LLW (it's pronounced "Double L Double U" - it is the initial of the members' last names: Lesmana, Likumahuwa, Winarta) in A1 BNI Hall. Indra Lesmana (piano), Barry Likumahuwa (bass) and Sandy Winarta (drum) were just amazing. They were such great musicians. They played some instrumental jazz songs but it wasn't boring for me because they really enjoyed it and it was a pleasant to watch them. The female Indonesian singer, Dira Sugandhi; the rapper, Dana Rizky; and DJ Cream joining them in the middle of the performance.
Barry Likumahuwa
Sandy Winarta
Iput and her parents had to go home at 11. So did her friends. Then I just walked by myself to Jazz Corner to watch The Groove. But... when I looked at the place, I knew I couldn't come in. Jazz Corner = Dji Sam Soe Corner. And the "18+" on the glass door made me realize. So I went back to the main building because Husbands and Wives was going to perform in Medco Lawu 1 Acoustic Hall on the 6th floor. Husbands and Wives consists of Otti Jamalus, Yance Manusama and Endah N Rhesa. That day they performed with a member from Écoutez, Iyas. Unfortunately I didn't get a seat so I had to stand up. At about 12, my driver picked me up so I had to go out the hall before the performance over.
It was an amazing experience. Even though I was a bit disappointed that I didn't buy any merchandise there.

I could barely move my toes but it was all worth it. :)


P.S.: I didn't watch the special performances, either Santana or George Benson. But it's okay, though. I wasn't really into them.

P.P.S.: I'm a new fan of Sandy Winarta! ;D

Comments

Popular Posts