40 Days in Russia: D-1 Full of Anxiety and Excitement

Dear readers, first of all, I want to apologize for the late post. I should have posted this like 3 days ago. But what can I say? I had exams on June 29 and July 1 (today). We gotta do what we gotta do, right?

So... to continue my last post, I got the visa! Yeaayy :D It turned out that once you got an invitation letter, everything would be as smooth as baby's butt. Fyi, one of my friends told me that now we (I mean, Indonesian) don't need visa anymore to visit Russia for 30 days or something. Can somebody tell me if it's true or not? If it's true.. wow. $175 guys....

ANYWAY, it was June 28, 2014 and I already bought the plane ticket and everything was packed. It was the D-1 of the departure, of course everything's packed! Besides my enormous black suitcase (it's my mom's to be exact, but for the sake of simplicity, let's call it my suitcase), my mom also told me to bring a handbag. The handbag was quite big and my mom insisted me to bring a pair of clothes in there. I thought, wth I won't need that! I have plenty in my enormous suitcase. However, I did bring a pair.

I kept repeating in my head about my flight time just to make sure I didn't come late. I already did the online check-in so there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, my flight was so early in the morning. Like 2 AM early. No fancy midnight flight. Oh and it would be 8 hours to Abu Dhabi and then 5 hours to Moscow. Thank God I already picked the window seat. You know, in case I got so freaking bored I guess I can just break the window and jump.

In the morning, me, my sister, and my mom went to Mall Kelapa Gading to find a jacket for me. We ended up in the gadget store, trying to find an external memory card for my 32 GB phone. I had an additional of 32 GB more. Yeaayy I surely would take lots of picture. Muahahaha

By the way, we did find a jacket. A black leather jacket to be exact. I did pick it though. It was... so cool. And quite cheap. It's Pull&Bear. I really look like a biker when I wear it.
Oh and after the shopping time, I went out with my best guy friend named Estu. We ended up just having lunch together and take selfies of course! :p

I got home, took a shower, got my new jacket and my all-time Nike running shoes, and we went to the airport. By we, I mean me and my family. As I expected, we arrived too soon. So after I checked my luggage in, we spent time by sitting in one of the cafés and watching the World Cup. Yes, it was during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. I'm kind of into soccer (only when it's World Cup), so somehow I felt sad not to join the euphoria.

Before I got in to the boarding room, I took pictures with my family, kissed them, and let them kiss me. Well, to be honest, I'm never a kisser. I'm more like a hugger. But hey, 40 days. Wow, I was sure gonna miss them a lot. You wouldn't believe it. I was never EVER went abroad by myself. I've never even been on a plane without my family, even it was just going out of town. But now, I went to the biggest country in the world! Alone. Just me, myself, and my enormous black suitcase. It would a hell of a trip... But yeah, if you knew me, then you would know that I love challenges so much!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts