Getting Older


Hi! I turned 28 a few weeks ago.

You might wonder why I'm so open all of a sudden.

Well, I don't know what's gotten into me, but yep I'm talking about my age here.


A little disappointed that I didn't make it to the 27 Club, but oh well...

I guess it means there's more time for me to actually ruin my life.

Jk.

I mean...

There's more time for the universe to actually throw away my hopes and dreams.

Life is so thrilling.


Ok seriously. Just kidding.


But it's funny that some people think that I have everything figured out

just because I choose to be chill.

Meanwhile, I'm just a pile of failures and insecurities

that make it hard to be grateful sometimes.

No matter how easy and enjoyable my life is.


But with a little effort (watching countless videos of slime and silently crying at 3 AM),

I think I can be grateful every single day!

Some days I can easily enjoy life's miracles

and some days I need to say out loud that I am blessed, just to assure myself.


I thought I don't have many friends,

but last year I think I hung out with more than 30 people.

Wow, what an achievement.

They are so fun and most of them aren't fake hahaha.

I'm so thankful for each one of you, you know who you are.


And I thought I'm out of firsts.

But turns out, I had a lot of firsts last year.

The good and the bad.

The ones that make me cry tears of happiness,

and also the ones that take my breath away in sobs.

It was exciting nonetheless.


I think I'm aging well ☺️

Comments

Popular Posts