LA Lights IndieFest Festive Sound

LA Lights IndieFest is a festival for indie music which is held every year in Jakarta. This year, it was held on Saturday, July 9 in Lapangan D Senayan and I went there! Woohooo.. I was actually interested because the ticket price wasn't really expensive! Haha! No, I'm kidding. It was because Boyce Avenue was performing!
...and the ticket price wasn't that expensive. :p
I bought the pre-sale ticket online so I just had to pay Rp 100,000 for it. The normal price was Rp 150,000.
Unfortunately, no friend of mine was going there. And my brother and sister had their own plan for that day. I was kind of sad. :(
But, what the hell? I'd already bought the ticket, I had to go there! Haha..
The festival was actually started at 2 PM but I just departed from home at 4 and arrived there at 6. It wasn't crowded like I expected, but then I realized it was pray time for the Muslims. So I had to wait.
There were 2 stages; Screamosphere and Calmosphere. I wasn't interested to the musicians in Screamosphere so I just headed to the second stage; Calmosphere. When I got there, The Trees And The Wild (TTATW) was performing. They were good, I kind of like them! Heehee..
After a break (between 2 performances), time for LARS and Bottle Smoker to perform. I didn't really like them so I went back and sat down near the stage. I still sat down when The Banery and LAMURU Percussion perfoming. 
After that, I didn't wait until the break over to walk to the front of the stage. That's simply because Barry Likumahuwa Project (BLP), my favorite Indonesian band, would be performing in a minute. :D
They were good! Barry Likumahuwa (bass), Matthew Sayersz (vocal), Jonas Wang (drum), Dennis Junio (alto saxophone), Doni Joesran (keyboard, piano) and Henry Budidharma (electric guitar) nailed it! They weren't only good at playing their instruments, but also fun! I really liked when they played SM*SH's song, "I Heart You", in their funk-jazz style. But unfortunately, they just played a few songs because they only got 30 minutes to perform.





After they performed, The Groove owned the stage. This old band was reaaalllyy great! They always can make the audience dance. Love them! \(^o^)/




Aaaannnddd...
Time for BOYCE AVENUE to hit the stage! Woohoo...
The Manzano Brothers are so great! Too bad Daniel couldn't be with them that night. But that's okay, the show must go on!
I'm so in love with Fabian and his electric guitar.. Hahaha.. And Alejandro was great as always ;)
They were all awesome! Really worth the wait :)







Alejandro : (after singing Bruno Mars' Grenade) "Indonesia, would you catch a grenade for me?"
Audience : "YEEESSSS!!!"
Alejandro : "Thank you. That means a lot to me." :))

AAWWW... We love you, Alejandro!! 

Comments

Popular Posts