Plus & Minus of Having a Samoyed in Your House

Are you currently looking for a dog? Are you considering to have a Samoyed in your house? If yes, I guess this post is perfect for you! But if you're just curious about what it feels like to have a Samoyed, then go ahead and read it too :) Because I'll be talking about my Samoyed named Dmitry.


He is a cute little dog who will turn 2 this June yaayy.. My siblings bought him when he was only 2 months old and when I got back from Russia, there he was, running towards me and trying to lick me. I named him over my favorite name for boy, a Russian name (that's why the nickname is Dima, don't ask me where it comes from, ask the Russian). Turned out the name means Earth-lover. Perfect!
He was so cute, crawling with his little limbs, struggling to get down the little stairs. But now he's big. Yep. He grew up, and he can climb up reach the table so easily.


So, here are some reasons why we chose him instead of other breeds.

(+)
1. He's hypo-allergic. It means if you're allergic to dog's fur (like my sister), you're gonna be fine with Samoyed's fur. You're not gonna sneeze every time he's around.
2. He's odorless. Some other dogs stink! Thank God, even though he runs in the yard all day, he'll never stink.
3. Everyday exercise. Running around the house costs less than working out in the gym. But yep you should take him to run outside too.
4. You got a pillow, a mat, a best friend, and a sibling at the same time.
5. There's always someone who never gets tired listening to your stories, who never gets tired of you.
6. He's gonna make you so happy that you laugh out loud with his silly cute face !
7. There's always someone greeting at the door when you get home.
8. Take him for a walk and suddenly you're a celebrity. Or him. Yeah, he's gonna get everyone's attention. But that'll make you feel famous too. Right?
9. Get ready for kisses attack! And by kisses, I mean licks. ;)



And of course, there are some things you have to deal with when you have a Samoyed in your house.

(-)
1. Everyday brushing. It's so tiring and when his fur is long, it needs more than an hour a day. And sometimes cutting his fur (grooming) costs a lot more than just a bath.
2. You don't want him to have dry skin and fur. So, make sure you give him super premium dog food and some vitamins for his fur. And yes, it's pricey. By the way, Dmitry's dog food is Six Fish by Orijen but sometimes we mix it up with other flavors too.
3. Remember that he's not gonna be a guard dog.
4. Everyday exercise. I notice this is a plus and also a minus because when you're already tired, you can't just lock yourself in your room and sleep. He needs you to run after him!
5. It's like having a little sibling; he's gonna take your dolls and almost all of your toys, your bag, your shoes and your clothes. And you end up yelling to him. Like... everyday.
6. You can't leave him alone in the house. He's a nosy dog and I guess he has some kind of separation issue. He's gonna be so curious about everything on the table and would be expected to bring everything down. Plus he will bark or howl.
7. He's kind of a rebel. Like, he knows for sure what you told him, but he refuses to do that.
8. He bites.... Oh yeah, he bites.

He is everyone's favorite!

The best way to wake up in the morning

@ Taman Menteng, Jakarta, Indonesia

Wake up!

When Dima turned 1 year old!

This is what I used to do at the park. I can't do that anymore because he grew up so big.

(Photos by me or my brother, Krisna, or my sister, Dita)

Comments

  1. Everyday exercise. I notice this is a plus and also a minus because when you're already tired, you can't just lock yourself in your room and sleep. He needs you to run after him! <---- I see this as an opportunity for me to lose weight I bet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always wanted a handsome siberian husky, but my dad said no :( unless i live in europe, alaska or canada.. bah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Where do you live?? Yea maybe it's better for them tho, it's colder there

      Delete
  3. Samoyed puppies We have been branded as the best cattery for breeding healthy kittens and puppies ready for a home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts