Creative Bedroom Tips for Artsy People


I got inspired to write about this since I started to work as a Content Writer Intern in Sejasa.com. It is the no. 1 service marketplace in Indonesia where you can find recommended service professionals for any kind of service. Sounds cool, eh?

I can't express how excited and thankful I am to be a part of Sejasa.com. They are such kind and funny people even though it's not a big company. It's only been 5 days since my first day here and I already have some new friends (or colleagues?). Anyway, I'm gonna be here for 27 days. I know it's only a short period of time but I'm so glad that I finally go step by step to the worklife~

I am currently responsible to write contents (obviously) for the Malaysian version of it, RecomN.com.  I submit contents (in English) for them to offer to some blogs for marketing matters. So, this kind of article is what I usually write (besides I don't really write about DIY stuffs).

You know, I looove planning. Since I haven't got my own bedroom, I already planned so much about the decoration. Like when I played The Sims, I pictured it as my bedroom and I designed it just like what I dreamed of. And now when I finally have my own bedroom, I can actually do it. I did a little, but it's not finished yet! I don't know that's because I have too many ideas or I just get bored easily so I can never decide.

Do you have the same problem? Are you getting sick of your bedroom decor and need a makeover but you get bored easily? But do you know who gets bored easily? Artsy people. Yes, we are those artsy people.

I admit it, I'm not that artsy like the girl in the picture above. I can't even paint in watercolors. But hey, I consider myself as an artsy person. Deal with it. Well, no worries, fellas! Because I got some tips to decorate your bedroom (thanks to the love of planning). Just use your artwork and a little creativity to make your room look like a brand new one.


Display your artwork on the walls
Source: hgtv.com

Whether it’s a hand painting or a print-out of your photos, it’s an artwork. Use some picture frames to keep it safe and hang it on the walls to make it look lovely. Or if you think it takes too much time to hammer the nails to your walls, just print your photos and hang them using ropes and clips. Voila, you have your own little gallery!


Doodle on your window
Source: untappedcities.com

Spread the art everywhere in your room, including your window! You don’t have to make a whole painting or a masterpiece, just make some doodles and when you set aside the curtain in the morning, it would look so damn attractive when the sunshine comes in. 


Decor your ceiling
Source: houzz.com

Ceilings could be tricky to decorate, but use some ladders and you can reach it. Don’t glue such mainstream glow-in-the-dark stars (duh!). Instead, make it your canvas and start painting! Or you can just glue your finished paintings on the ceiling and you’ll be motivated to make some more. Add some Christmas lights in the corner and you’ll have sweet dreams every night!


Add some colors on your door
Source: interiordesign.lovetoknow.com

If you have a solid-colored door like mine (mine is white), you can add some colors using your painting tools such as watercolor. Because it’s easy to clean. So if you get bored again with the painting, you can just replace it with a new one.


Turn your artwork into pillows
Source: homeanddecor.co.id

This is actually the picture of Diana Rikasari's #bidibidibongbong bedroom. You know her, right? The Indonesian fashion blogger, influencer, writer of #88 Love Life, owner of iwearup shoes... ANYWAY, look at the pillows! Those colorful pillows are to-die-for. Instead of buying it at IK*A or AC* with mainstream motives (and also overpriced), just scan your paintings or photos to design your own personalized pillow. There are a lot of stores right now that offer to make a customized pillow or cushion, not just a phone case. You can easily find it on Instagram.


I haven't done this but I will.
When I have the time.
When I don't spend my time sleeping.
Or watching Sherlock.
Or Star Wars.
Because I haven't finished those films.
Where have I been all my life?!
*sigh*
But you should do it!
Because those are awesome tips!
Right?

Comments

  1. I always want to make over my super boring room but i just dont know where to start or how :-/ oh well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts