My Rather Religious Thoughts

This time I would like to talk about something personal and rather sensitive.
It's religion or belief.

I'm gonna start with what I believe in.
I believe there's a greater power than men and I choose to believe in God.
(Yes, capital. Because He deserves to be written in capital).

But my belief is maybe kinda different than most people.

I believe in the story about Jesus.

Maybe you're being negative and saying, "The story doesn't make any sense!" or "Do you know that religions are probably made by humans?"

Well...
I believe in the story about Jesus because that's a good one.
Does the story make any sense?
Hmm I do believe in dragons and Santa Claus...
Jesus's story doesn't include a creature breathing fire or a fat old man coming down the chimney, but yeah, it makes perfect sense to me.

I love how He forgives the sinners for I am no saint.
I love how He teaches us to love anyone, even our enemies.
I love how He loves kids, animals, men and women equally.

And I think that's what christianity is about.
(I want to say "all religions" but I'm not so sure about the others).
It's about spreading love to everyone.

I'm easy, I don't really care about some principles that you have to go to church every Sunday, or you must not eat some kind of food, or you must not wear some kind of clothes...

If you want to pray, just do it.
If you don't want to eat something, then don't.
And don't talk bad about someone just because they wear some kind of clothes you don't want to wear.

It's messing my head when I see someone commented such bad bad words on other people's social media and then associated it with some religious phrase or principles.
Like, if you're really that religious, then don't say that kind of words! Or don't mess with someone's self-esteem like that!


I think I'm gonna link this topic to another topic: social media manners.

Speaking about social media... well, I know caring for (read: stalking) people and then talk bad about them is kind of fun. I'm no saint, I sometimes love to do that too.
I have stalked some people NOT because I liked them, but because I love to justify my bad thoughts about them and say "Ha! I know they're not that innocent!" ...or you can say "nyinyir" 😂


If you're doing that too, lemme tell you, that's not healthy at all.
It makes you a negative bitch.
All you do is finding anything wrong about them.
You'll forget that they're just humans.
And humans are sometimes nice and sometimes bad.
(We humans are in between angels and demons, right?)


But now I start to think "Oh maybe I shouldn't do this. Maybe I should find some nice things to think or say about these people."

Because maybe... I only know these people on the outside, right?
Or maybe they have different beliefs and that's so normal.
Or maybe they just so fucking love attention.
ANYWAY, they must have a reason why they do what they do.
If you don't like them, then stop keeping up with their social media, hoping they will change eventually. It's simple!
Well, I'm still trying but I guess I'm starting to become more positive about them.
You should try :)

Okay, back to the "religious" topic.

Maybe your friends believe in something different with you.
Maybe they don't eat pork, or every kind of meat, or fish.
Maybe they don't drink milk, or alcohol.
Maybe they don't wear bikinis.
Maybe they always wear bikinis (well, this is kinda odd).
All you need to do is respect them.

I'm not gonna ask you to share what you believe in the comment section.
I'm just gonna ask you, no matter what you believe in, do good to others.
Make peace, not war.


Comments

Popular Posts