Learn from My Mistake


"Don't promise when you're happy. Don't reply when you're angry. Don't decide when you're sad."

Maybe you've heard those words a few times before. But do you actually notice and do it in your daily life?

I didn't.

I admit that I heard it and thought that I should take notes.
But then completely forgot about it.

Until one day I realized that it's usually the main reason why I often got into argument and fight with my significant other.


I know people said that couples need arguing and fighting sometimes, to prove that the love is stronger than the problem.

But if it's too much, if it's too hard to solve, have the courage to leave. It is no longer a healthy relationship.


When I was angry, I didn't wait until I'm calm and steady before opening my mouth or replying messages. When I did that, there were only bad comments that came out. It could only make him even angrier or worst... sad.

When I was happy, I made promises that I didn't know if I can keep it or not. It became a trouble in the future when he demanded me to keep my promises.
And I couldn't.

And when I was sad, I decided that I don't need him so I told him to go. Not in a nice way, of course.
I broke his heart over and over again.

You don't destroy the people you love, folks. You should remember that.

Anyway, he left.
My bad.



So after that, instead of weeping over his leaving, I start looking for signs when I'm too happy, or too angry, or too sad so that I can be aware not to make promises, or reply texts, or make decisions. So that I don't make the same mistakes in the future. With anyone.

If you're in a relationship, you should consider to do these things.
What? You say it sounds so simple?
If it's that simple to control yourself, then I guess you're so lucky. It must be a piece of cake for you to do it. Good for you.

Lastly, I hope one day someone could see my effort to change and realize that I have turned into a better person and love me for who I've become.
...and the same goes for you too ;)


Comments

Popular Posts